Self-care is incredibly important, on your good days, and your bad days. Self-care is always needed. I try to take the time to self-care every day or so, but when I’m feeling bad, it’s hard but it’s still possible! I wrote a post on self-care, you can check it out here!
This post will include 25 methods of self-care, however, self-care is different for everyone! It’s important you find a few things that you do for self-care so you can alternate them each day or so!
- Have a nice, hot bubble bath.
- Read a book you enjoy, even if you’ve read it already!
- Go for a walk or a run.
- Go fishing, it’s really relaxing!
- Take a social media break, at times we need to do this.
- Clean your room, organise things.
- Play your favourite song, whether it be a piano, guitar or whatever you play!
- Draw! Draw anything! Let your mind run free!
- Have your favourite meal for lunch.
- Listen to your favourite songs or listen to a good upbeat playlist! (Spotify has loads!)
- Watch your favourite tv show or movie. (I recommend Shaun of the dead!)
- Take a chair outside and watch the sunrise/sunset
- Watch Netflix all day, if you want! (my favourite self-care method!)
- Search positive quotes and write them down on a piece of paper.
- Do some mindfulness activities.
- Have a go at meditation!
- Have a pamper night with one of your best friends, or by yourself!
- Watch funny fail videos on youtube and laugh for ages.
- If you have a to-do list, cross out some to-dos!
- Practice breathing methods.
- Get a towel, lay down on some grass and watch the clouds move.
- Go for a nice bike ride with some good scenic areas!
- Fix something you’ve been wanting to fix for ages!
- Wear your comfiest clothes, may it be a onesie, a hoody or whatever!
- Treat yourself. That new thing you saw in the shop and you want? Buy it!
As I said, self-care is different for everyone! I have listed 25, some that I actually do on a very regular basis! If you have any different methods and would like to share with people, comment on this post and people will see them!